Service and Repair
Contact 01204 383839 ext 110 For a Bespoke Quotation
Service and Planned Preventative Maintenance Agreements
A1S Group offers affordable service and maintenance agreements for all of our manufactured access and fire rated products. Section 38 of Building Regulations highlights our responsibility to “provide fire safety information to the responsible person at the completion of a project.”
To help minimise the risk of breakdowns and ensure safe reliability, maintenance is essential and with fire rated products, is a statutory obligation under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
17.—(1) Where necessary in order to safeguard the safety of relevant persons the responsible person must ensure that the premises and any facilities, equipment and devices provided in respect of the premises under this Order or, subject to paragraph (6), under any other enactment, including any enactment repealed or revoked by this Order, are subject to a suitable system of maintenance and are maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair.
(2) Where the premises form part of a building, the responsible person may make arrangements with the occupier of any other premises forming part of the building for the purpose of ensuring that the requirements of paragraph (1) are met.
(3) Paragraph (2) applies even if the other premises are not premises to which this Order applies.
(4) The occupier of the other premises must co-operate with the responsible person for the purposes of paragraph (2).
(5) Where the occupier of the other premises is not also the owner of those premises, the references to the occupier in paragraphs (2) and (4) are to be taken to be references to both the occupier and the owner.
(6) Paragraph (1) only applies to facilities, equipment and devices provided under other enactments where they are provided in connection with general fire precautions.
As well as maintaining your doors you will be fulfilling your Health & Safety obligations to staff and visitors as stated in the workplace regulations 1992:
WORKPLACE (HEALTH SAFETY AND WELFARE) REGULATIONS 1992 regulation no. 5 (Applies to all doors).
5. “The workplace and the equipment, devices and systems to which this regulation applies shall be maintained (including cleaned as appropriate) in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair”.
With regular maintenance you can help ensure that the essential parts of your doors, such as safety devices and fire door controls, remain in working order and help prolong the life of your doors. Routine maintenance also helps in identifying parts that are worn or damaged, which may later cause the door to fail.
We recommend all doors, fire shutters, fire curtains, barriers etc. are serviced at a minimum of 6 monthly intervals, and high usage products should have more frequent services.
A1S Group service and repair ANY of the following:
Flameshield Fire Curtains
Flameshield Fire and Smoke Curtains
Flameshield Fire shutters
Sectional overhead doors
Steel hinged doors
Loading bay systems
Any servicing, tests and maintenance must be carried out in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions as well as the relevant standards by competent engineers who are familiar with the design, operation and requirement of such equipment.
If you would like a FREE no obligation quotation for servicing or repair of your fire rated or access products, please call our service team who will be happy to help with your request.
0ffice opening hours 08:30am to 17:00pm
Telephone: 01204 38 38 39 ext 110
Our engineering teams hold up to date CSCS, SSSTS, Asbestos, First Aid, PASMA, IPAF, and electrical qualifications.