Sliding & Swing Gates
A1 Shutters offer a comprehensive range of sliding & swing gates to suit most of your vehicle and pedestrian access requirements.
A1 Shutters install, service and repair all types of Industrial gates. Both electric and manual gate systems. Our sliding gates and swing gates are made from steel and can be made to suit almost any size or style required.
A1 Shutters sliding gates can provide high levels of security for controlling access to and from site. We provide gates that are robust and 100% rated for the most demanding applications.
Sliding gate is more suited than a swing gate, for applications where car parking spaces are essential. They smoothly slide along the fence line, which means that the minimum amount of space is lost when the gate is in motion. Making car parking and access that little bit easier.
A1 Shutters sliding gates can be built to a variety of sizes and are powered via a single 230v AC geared motor system. The compact style motors have a direct drive pinion. The pinion connects with galvanised racking fitted to the gate leaf.
Each motor has a built in protected control board with a wide selection of operating and safety functions such as anti-crushing. Cycle deceleration and partial opening for pedestrians.
For maximum safety the gate can fitted with an electro-mechanical safety edge or photocell sensors.
A1 Shutters swing gates offer a more stylish approach to your property and are the most popular. They can be made in either a double leaf or single leaf. However for extra security the sliding gate is still the most effective.
Our swing gates are also made from steel in many different styles, from mesh infill, palisade or solid panels. Each swing gate is made to order.
The drive motors for the swing gates can be externally mounted or concealed in a pit underground. All you require is a 230v AC power supply. The motors have built in opening and closing limit switches to ensure the gate opens and closes fully in all conditions.
Access can be controlled to and from site by various methods such as: Remote transmitters or keypad entry. See our Access Control section for further details.
Are your Gates Safe? A number of accidents involving Automated gates have occurred in the last few years. In light of these accidents new updates to legislations have been issued by the HSE to remind installers and gate owners of the risks involved with automated Gates. They emphasize on the safety precautions needed to be in place to safeguard against such accidents.
Some of these include:
- The fitting of additional safety devices to electric gates, such as Safety edge sensors and Photocell sensors.
- Gates should be assessed for – gaps in the gate, the opening edge and the drive mechanisms
- Planned maintenance should be in place with either 6 or 12 monthly service checks to ensure parts and safety devices are fully operational.
- Gates Should comply with the national legal requirements in Machinery Directive 98/37/EC and BS EN 12453 2001 and all products are EN tested compliant.
- If you’re unsure if your gates are compliant with the above guidelines. Then please call one of our Technical Representatives who will be able to provide further details and offer a free no obligation Risk assessment of your Gate and Barrier installations